Wednesday 3 April 2013

Review: Fatblaster Coconut Detox

Not a sponsored review

I had recently come to a standstill with my weight loss and I was generally feeling frumpy, heavy, bloated.. you name it, I was feeling it.
 
One day when I was in Priceline, I came across the Fat Blaster Coconut Detox, which was on sale and down from $40 to $20.
 
I have done the lemon detox before, which goes for 5days, so I knew I could handle not eating for 2.
 
 
 
The instructions on the bottle read....
 
1. Take 3 servings of the Coconut Detox product a day.
 
2. Exercise for 30 minutes every day
(Suggested exercises include low intensity exercise such as Pilates and Yoga)
 
3. If you feel the need to eat, ensure a healthy diet of steamed vegetables and healthy snacks from our snack suggestions
 
4. Drink 2 litres of water (8 glasses) every day.
 
5. After the 2 days, consider our maintenance program.
 
Day 1
 
I got up and was hungry instantly, probably because I knew I couldn't eat haha. I drank water on the way to work and then made me first coconut drink when I got to work. The taste was surprisingly pretty good.. it is like a tropical pineapple and coconut flavour. Following the instructions though, the "meal" is only 250ml, which you are suppose to drink over 2-3 hours... I struggled to make it last that long.
 
By lunch time I was all over the place.. I was tired, feeling dizzy and finding it really hard to concentrate. After lunch I even started to get flu like symptoms.
 
I continued to drink a lot of water, but when I got home I needed to eat something small so I had a tin of Tuna in spring water (approved by the diet) and I tell you Tuna has never tasted so darn good!!!
 
It was an early night in bed for me.
 
 
Day 2
 
Woke up with a load of energy. This day was a lot easier than the first, I even managed to go for a run in the morning.
 
During the day I was dreaming about food, but I experienced none of the fatigue from the first day.
 
At night we went with out friends to the movies, and as they were munching away on all my favourite snacks, I was so tempted that I finally HAD to eat and I enjoyed an apple. An apple at the movies - that's a first for me! :)
 
Results
 
A and I both did the detox and his results were ridiculous.. 3  point something kilos. The man is a weight loss machine!
 
I lost 1.6kgs and broke through the barrier I was struggling with. This was the Tuesday, by the Saturday I had still not gained any weight.. in fact I had lost a tiny bit more.
 
After our cheat day Sunday and the Easter Show, I have put about 500grams on but it doesn't look like it will stay.
 
After the detox, my stomach felt flat, the bloating was good and my body felt like it was "working" better.

Oh and I should mention, that as an avid V in the morning drinker (I don't like Coffee) since the detox I really haven't felt the need for it. I may have one here and there, but it helped me to break that nasty habit too.
 
If you have the will power, I would recommend doing this... 2 days isn't that long to receive the benefits!

4 comments:

  1. Not eating for two days :/ I dont know if I could do it ... I just quit sugar and wheat and its the worst thing everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no bread? for like for-ever?! nooooooooooooooooooo!!

      Delete
  2. Hmm.. sounds interesting!? Does it taste anything like coconut milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ummmmmm not really, it has a strong flavour of pineapple/tropical

      Delete