Wednesday 14 December 2011

And the Suprise Was..

First of all, I will do the standard blogger disclaimer/apology and say that I am sorry for not blogging in awhile.. life has taken over, I have actually been busy at work and trying to remain thin the rest of the time (trying-ha! Lol)- Oh and I have also been in New Zealand- posts to follow :)

Anyways anyways… in my last post, I mentioned that A was taking me on a surprise date night and now I can reveal where that was.. it was such an amazing night, he is such an amazing man!!!
We started off with tapas, pizza and sangria at En Casa – I had always heard about En Casa but never tried it and after eating there, I now understand why everyone raves about it- it is simply delicious!!

Deluxe Sangria, which includes malibu and midori- YUMM

Moroccan Lamb Skewers

I can't remember the name, but these were amaze balls.

Blue Cheese and Chorizo Croquettes

Pine Nut, Spinach, Goats Cheese and Ham-
such a great pizza combination!!

As I started to pour from the second jug of Sangria; thinking date night would be over soon, A told me to make sure I don't get too drunk, a habit he knows I have :) I asked him why and very secretively he said, "there is something else we have to go to after this and it starts soon so we better finish our dinner shortly". I immediately thought we were going to a movie, what else could have a start time that I would need to stay sober for??

We left En Casa and started to walk through the City, I was looking down at my terribly uncomfortable heels when A exclaimed, "If you don't know where we are going now, you never will". I immediately looked up to see Capitol Theatre and posters for Mary Poppins everywhere. He was taking me to see Mary freaking Poppins!!!! I was smiling so much that I thought I was about to cry – this man is amazing – this man will never stop making me feel wonderful, special and all things great.

Light up cocktail- yes please :)

 
After I finally calmed down and stopped looking lovingly at A – I concentrated on the on the musical and it was great.  The costumes, the songs, the dances were all captivating and by the end I was in love with Ms Marry Poppins. I think my favourite number was "supercala……" (you know what I am talking about) or the tap number, which I cannot remember the name of right now.


A perfect dinner, a perfect date, a great musical and an amazing man!

No comments:

Post a Comment