I thought I would just do a little post on ways I have learnt on how to save money during the wedding planning process.
I am about a year and a half into the process and have another year to go, so I am sure there will be more, but for now, here they are...
- Paying suppliers in cash can save you up to 10% per supplier.
- Shop around - this might seem obvious, but you would be surprised at how much I have saved on some suppliers just by getting multiple quotes.
- Don't be afraid to tell suppliers you have had better quotes, sometimes they will end up price matching or even beating the quote, which equals more savings for you!
- Vendors/Suppliers etc. which DO NOT advertise in wedding magazines are likely to be cheaper. Think about the thousands of dollars that it costs to advertise in these magazines and then think about how much of that is included in your quote.
- Paying upfront payment (if you can afford it) may also result in a discount.
- Don't be fooled by "limited offers" - if they can offer it to you this weekend or at that expo or only for 24hours, or only if you buy it now, it means they CAN and WILL be able to offer it to you after you have got your head together and made an informed decision.
- If you don't need it, don't pay for it - it is easy to ask for unnecessary things to be taken out of packages and again this can save you money.
- No shopfront? cheaper again! No shopfront does not mean they aren't any good, there are many talented suppliers from wedding dress designers to cake makers and florists who prefer not to have a shopfront.
- Talk to others - Forums are great for this - by finding out what others are paying you can compare quotes and see if what you are paying is around the benchmark.
- Go online!! From favours to invites and bridesmaid's dresses, I have saved a lot by sourcing products online either overseas or in Australia and in today's market you are provided with a tonne of security!
Have you got any tips for saving moulah?
Hope this helps any soon to be brides out there! :)