Tuesday 24 January 2012

The good of last week..

After Mondays events, I needed something to put a smile on my face and Wednesday's weigh in did just that!! 1.4kgs down in my first week! WOOO HOOOO! This is basically my Christmas meals and fast food celebrations, so I am not surprised it came off so quickly but I am happy to see it go. Good riddance to YOU fat from my thighs, bum and belly.

  

On Wednesday, mum thought pampering might also help. It didn't help too much, but it did get us out of the house. For my third shellac, I got white. When I picked the colour my mum said "Ew. White". A day later, she said "Ohh, I like that white". She was officially converted.


For lunch on Thursday, I met up with my good friend Nick and he took me to the fancy Pitt Street food court. Every time I have lunch with Nick he takes me somewhere new and opens my mind to my many food options. The fancy food court (I call it that because it looks very lush and is in the designer end of the Westfields) is full of yummy foods and mini restaurants. Nick wanted to take me to a Thai restaurant (in the food court), but the line was too long, so we just got takeaway from other places. I had dumplings and a hot and sour soup from Din Tai Fung. Ohh I love dumplings, I just wish these ones were a little bigger, but they were delicious. $5.80 for 4 and I think the soup was around $3.50.

 
Mum unimpressed that I am making her wait to eat.

Friday night, I cancelled my plans to go to a BBQ and had a Thai dinner date with my mum. Mum and daughter date night was much needed after the week that was.  We went to In The Mood for Thai. Mum had the lamb cutlets in plum sauce and I had a marinated chicken dish (Sorry can't remember the name). Both dishes were $22.90 and very very generous portions, so generous that I didn't finish mine.

Saturday was a Newcastle friend's birthday. He had a hotel room in the city, so we all knew it was going to be a big/messy night. I think I needed it to be too – I am a big fan of the "alcohol makes me forget my problems for a while" motto. We started the festivities with all you can eat Pizza Hut on George Street. I had been so excited for this, because of all my wonderful childhood memories of it, but I'm sorry to say it really didn't live up to it. The food wasn't replaced often and I didn't feel too great afterwards.

Dress and earrings from Kookai
Green shoes from Aldo

After we all went into food comas watching Eddy Murphy's delirious, we began to drink and get our party on in the hotel room. Then we head out to Home nightclub. I hadn't been to Home, since I got kicked out of there (I know- shameful) over two years ago. It was a great night though and we had a great night, full of booty shaking, meeting randoms and late night KFC pickups. It was so fun that I only managed to have one hours sleep before our 1pm checkout!!! Lets just say I was in a lot of pain on Sunday. I'm getting too old for this!


Eh who am I kidding? I say this after every big weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Great weightloss for the first week and I am glad some things were better for you!
    Love the dress on you! Also your shellac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesum dress! Wish I could wear one of those... Ah well am debating the Michelle bridges plan after what you've and other voguettes have posted. Glad u had a better week. I hope things keep looking up for u :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure you could wear one of those. The 12wbt did change my life and my way of thinking, but this thursday I am going to start the 10million kilo challenge- maybe you should try a few weeks of that first? it's free!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss... I really need to get cracking, but need some motivation... Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motivation is looking at fat pics of me and skinny pics and then imagining myself in my wedding dress hahaha.

      Delete
  4. You look great!!

    Congrats on the 1.5 kgs gonzos!!! Woo to that!

    Love the dress! And love the Shellac'n! (hehe haha).

    ReplyDelete